Tuesday 17 March 2020

Portraits!

Aloha and welcome back to my blog, today I'm going to tell you about the portraits my syndicate did.  These portraits were unique because one side of the portraits was based on the present clothing, and the other was based on a decade. First we did a decade slide to decide a decade to do it in (I decided to do the 1970's) and two practices before we started the actual portraits, and when I did I had to draw a pattern in the background on the present side and paint it. I ended up painting over the original colour three times before I got it right. Then we had to glue on half of a cutout of our face from a photo onto the present side. Next we had to draw our decade side of the portrait. Next we had to dye the background of the decade side. Finally we had to colour the decade side of our portrait. It was a fun and unique experience, I liked it a lot. Here are some photos of the finished portraits (including mine):



My portrait


Indie's portrait


Ari's portrait
Jihu's portrait

Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Heya Jonathan I hope your family are all well at home. I really think you have great balance in your portrait with the bold colours and lines. It is easy to see which decade you chose and it resembles you in a funny way. They will look amazing up high in the hall when we all return to school. What part of your portrait do you like the most? Create a blog post about some of the activities you have been doing at home while in lockdown. It is so interesting to read what everyone is doing and to hear their voices in their writing. Kia atawhai kia kaha

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.